Property and Equipment FAQs


Questions regarding surplus/excess property that I want to sell or buy?
Contact Materials Distribution.

Questions regarding construction and renovation?
Contact Campus Planning Design and Construction.

Questions concerning real estate?
Contact the Real Estate Office.

How do I account for excess property sales?

Please note that excess property sales may no longer be deposited to an expense account (i.e., accounts beginning with ’56’). All excess property sales must be accounted for as revenue for the selling department. Please use one of the following revenue accounts to record the sales income:

480057, Other-Excess Property Income (cash or check sale and the selling department is not an auxiliary department)

470057, Auxiliaries-Excess Property (cash or check sale and the selling department is an auxiliary department)

800057, Internal Income-Excess Property (ID sale, note: buying department should use an appropriate expense account)


Questions or problems with your Major Equipment Inventory?
Contact the Property Management office or call  Judith Alberts at 315-443-5372 or Salin Lakhe at 315-443-3131 with questions concerning your department’s major equipment inventory.