General Accounting is the department responsible for the following:
- Establishing new unrestricted chartstrings to record University transactions
- Maintaining the University’s general ledger
- Posting journal entries to the general ledger
- Reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations for the schools and colleges. Please note other BFAS units, such as Treasurer’s Office, Auxiliary Services, and Risk Management manage their own account reconciliation process.
- Obtaining, reviewing, and preparing reconciliations of University chartstrings, including all operating bank accounts
- Establishing deadlines and coordinate fiscal year end closing
- Provisioning of financial reports and information to campus departments to assist in maintaining and managing budgets
- Provisioning of financial transaction oversight to ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulations, both internal to the University and external
640 Skytop Office Bldg.
Syracuse, NY 13244
Phone: (315) 443-2522
Fax: (315) 443-2676