All charges must be paid in full on the billing due date established by the University for each bill. Failure to make payments by the due date could result in late payment fees or the cancellation of classes.
Electronic Funds Transfer
Using a secure online website, you may authorize an electronic debit to your checking or savings account (U.S. accounts only).
- Students and families should log into MySlice using Firefox or Internet Explorer with the pop-up blocker disabled (Chrome and Safari are not fully compatible) and use the links to payment options under the ‘Billing/Payments’ tab to click on ‘Make a Payment’ and then ‘Pay Bursar Bill by EFT.’
- To make a payment on your Bursar account simply provide the following information:
- Your bank account number
- Your bank ABA# (located on your check)
- The payment amount
- Your Bursar account will be charged a $25.00 fee for any transaction that is returned due to insufficient funds
- Student account balances are not listed on the payment website. Please refer to your bill for amount due. Online payments can take up to two business days to post to the student account.
- Please do not use the debit/credit card numbers associated with your checking/savings account
Credit Card and Debit Card
Using a secure website, you may use your debit or credit card to make a payment on your Bursar account.
- Students and parents should log into MySlice using Firefox or Internet Explorer with the pop-up blocker disabled (Chrome and Safari are not fully compatible) and use the links to payment options under the ‘Billing/Payments’ tab to then click on ‘Make a Payment’ and then ‘Pay Bursar Bill by Credit Card’.’
- You may use MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit cards or debit cards with a MasterCard/Visa logo
- Note: NelNet Business Solutions, an independent third party contractor, accepts payments to the Bursar account and charges a non-refundable convenience fee based on the amount charged. The convenience fee is 2.8% of the amount charged. This fee is established and charged solely by NelNet Business Solutions and not by the University. The convenience fee is paid in full to and retained by NelNet Business Solutions; the University does not receive any of this fee. The charge for the convenience fee will appear separately from the payment on your credit card statement.
Checks may also be mailed to Syracuse University Tuition, Dept 116244, PO Box 5211, Binghamton, NY 13902. Checks must be made payable to Syracuse University and must be drawn on a U.S. bank, and third-party checks will not be accepted. PLEASE DO NOT OVERNIGHT CHECKS TO THE P.O. BOX.
Please write your student ID number on the check, and include the remittance stub from your online Bursar bill. A $25.00 fee will be charged to your Bursar account for each check that is returned due to insufficient funds.
Overnight/college savings plan checks should be mailed to Syracuse University, Bursar Operations, 119 Bowne Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244. Overnight mail sent from FedEx and UPS will deliver directly to our office. USPS will go through the University mail room, which will take longer to receive and post to the student’s account.
Outside/external scholarship checks should be mailed to Financial Aid and Scholarships Program, 200 Bowne Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244.
International Student Payment Options
Syracuse University joined many other Universities across the country and partnered with two companies that provide a streamlined and cost effective way to make international payments. Using Flywire or Western Union Business Solutions offer may advantages over a traditional wire transfer such as:
- There are no hidden bank fees
- Typically, you save on exchange rates
- There are multiple payment options and currencies to choose from
- 24×7 multilingual customer support by chat, Skype, email, and telephone
- It is faster than traditional wire transfers (2-3 business days)
- You can track the status of your payment online
Tuition Benefits (RTB)
More information about remitted and dependent tuition benefits is available from the Syracuse University Human Resources website: