The Office of Budget and Planning is committed to its mission of providing training, tools and support to the University community for the formation of sustainable budget plans and management of financial resources.
Did you know?
- Training opportunities are available seasoned budget and finance professionals as well as employees who are new to the budget and finance model deployed at the University
- Training is available for groups seeking additional knowledge about a common set of information or for individuals pursuing training or guidance on budget and finance matters specific to their units
- Training sessions can be scheduled by sending an e-mail request to the Office of Budget and Planning at BPlan@syr.edu
Key Benefits of Training
- Group or one-on-one training sessions
- Budget model overview training
- Guidance with estimation of fiscal year-end finals
- Support in the development of budget forecasting models
- Discover and explore best financial practices
- Optimize your knowledge base to achieve fiscal sustainability
- Develop proactive procedures to enhance expertise in efficiencies as related to budget planning and fiscal sustainability
- Gain confidence through the continued support from the professional staff in the Office of Budget and Planning
The Office of Budget and Planning is continuing to develop budget and finance training opportunities. Please visit this site regularly to review opportunities as further developments are posted.
Thank you for your continued interest and financial diligence as we move forward!