Suppliers must meet certain minimum criteria and will only be invited to apply at the request of a University department. The university does not accept unsolicited supplier applications.
All suppliers must:
- Maintain a physical street address for business purposes (however, a post office box is acceptable for remittances)
- Have a Federal Employer Identification or Social Security number (foreign suppliers may be exempt)
- Pass the screening process, including Taxpayer Identification Number verification and if applicable validation against the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Restricted Party Screening databases (debarment)
Most suppliers must also:
- Have been in business for at least two years (independent contractors may be exempt)
- Carry general liability insurance of at least $1 million per occurrence (independent contractors may be exempt), automobile liability coverage of at least $1 million per occurrence (if supplier drives on campus property/may be waived in certain instances) and Workers’ Compensation coverage (if required by law).
In addition to the minimum criteria, suppliers must also agree to abide by university policies and procedures as well as all applicable state and federal laws.
Vendor Application [PDF]