Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
Last week, Centro, our campus transportation partner, announced route reductions [PDF] due to an ongoing shortage of drivers. These route reductions are effective beginning today, Monday, Sept. 13. Most notably, Centro will no longer provide service after 8 p.m. In response, Parking and Transportation Services has allocated additional resources to minimize the impact on our campus community.
Daytime Service (6 a.m.-8 p.m.)
· Centro schedules for campus routes will not change during daytime hours. If you rely on Centro, you may notice increased delays during the busiest times of day, as Centro will not be able to add extra buses to these routes as they typically would to alleviate congestion.
· Parking and Transportation Services will supplement any lost service from Centro with ’Cuse Trolleys during times of peak usage.
· Please build in extra travel time when traveling to and from campus.
Evening and Late Night (8 p.m.-3 a.m.)
· Centro will cease operating after 8 p.m.
· Parking and Transportation Services will provide ’Cuse Trolleys, to cover the South Campus shuttle routes previously administered by Centro.
· The shuttles will run as scheduled, approximately every 15 minutes from 7:30 p.m. until 3 a.m.
· Some late-night shuttle services with low ridership will be temporarily suspended after 8 p.m. These include the Euclid Shuttle, the Warehouse Shuttle and the Late Night Campus Shuttle. Passengers needing transportation along these routes should contact the on-demand Parking and Transportation Services Safety Escort Shuttle, which will expand its hours to run from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. The safety shuttle service can be requested by calling 315.443.RIDE (7433).
· Guests attending events on campus will not notice a change in service.
· Any reduction in Centro service will be supplemented by Parking and Transportation Services vehicles or via another third-party service provider.
Other Centro Routes
· Centro routes including Nob Hill, Westcott and the Destiny USA weekend shuttle will experience service reductions.
· Please visit the Centro website for the most up-to-date schedules.
Access to Campus
· All students with a valid permit may use any Orange lot after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends, except during stadium events.
· These lots include Comstock Avenue Garage (when an attendant is present), College Place lot, Harrison lot, Henry lot, Irving Ave Hill lot, Ostrom lot, Raynor Ave lot, Standart West lot, University Ave North lot, University Ave South lot, Women’s Building North lot, Women’s Building South lot, Manley North and South lots (Manley Field House), South Campus Housing lots and the Skytop lot.
The University will update its campus shuttle website to reflect the new service schedules as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adjust to the Centro service reductions and work to do all we can to mitigate disruption to our community.
Senior Associate Vice President for Auxiliary Services